Thursday, January 8, 2015

Latest blog post from my new site: stevenreddy.com

If you haven't yet, I hope you'll visit stevenreddy.com and leave your email for future posts.

Because it's really cold here in Seattle, I drew a series of coffee shop interiors that are walking distance from my home (all images can be seen larger in the "Works" section of my website.):

 
  
 
Donna and I spent some time on Thanksgiving and Christmas at our family cabin on Green River where I drew these interiors:

 
 

I'm most engaged with the graphic memoir I'm drawing, illustrating my journals of the last 40 years. It was interesting to read Mimi Pond's just published graphic memoir "Over Easy." Like me, she attended the California College of Art in the late 70s/early 80s, and even worked in the same restaurant I did. While her book is entirely about the café, it plays a small role in my memoir. Here are our two takes on our similar experiences (her drawings are the green tinted ones):

Near the end of her book, she drew the exterior of my old apartment. You can see that my memory of the ART'S sign was a little off, but I'm drawing from memory without references, as I want to stay true to what I recall.
Okay, back to work. Talk to you next month (or so).
Steve
(Oh, if you know someone you think might be interested in this sort of thing, I hope you'll spread the word. Thanks!)

2 comments:

vimax said...

nice post....

online coffee shop said...

Thank you ever so for you post.